Please familiarize yourself with the following rules and procedures of 100+ Women Who Care Williamson County:
- Members agree to donate $300 ($100 at 3 meetings) for 100+ Women Who Care, 2021 calendar year. The money is used to support three nonprofits selected by the group throughout the year. The commitment is for 1 year, not 1 meeting.
- Any paying member may propose a nonprofit to be considered for funding by entering the nonprofit’s name and the name of the member who will be speaking on behalf of the organization. If you want to advocate for a certain group, but you do not want to speak, you may submit the name of another member to speak for the organization. The speaker MUST be a member.
- During the meeting, three different organizations will be drawn from all those proposed. The member whose name is on the proposal form will be asked to speak for up to five minutes on behalf of the identified organization. Following, there will be a 5-minute question period. During this time, only questions are allowed and only the speaker may answer the questions.
- Present members will be asked to vote. Once the votes are tallied, all members will be asked to write their check for $100 to the organization receiving the most votes before they leave the venue. Checks must be made out to the receiving organization.
- In case of a tie, the members present shall vote again to decide which of the tied organizations shall be awarded the funding.
- Absent members may appoint another member to serve as proxy to submit their vote. All proxy votes must be accompanied by the absent member’s checks.
- Once a nonprofit organization is awarded a grant, that nonprofit may not be nominated again for the next 2 years.